Schedule an appointment today

Call 717-836-2175



Personal Fitness Trainers

If you are a Self Employed Personal Fitness Trainer you need to file Federal Form 1040 Schedule C, state and local income tax returns and are required to make quarterly estimated payments to these taxing authorities. Don’t spend your valuable time trying to prepare your own tax returns and at the end wonder if you… read more


Realtor Realtors operate in a unique business environment and as a result have unique expenses associated with listing and closing properties.  In addition to advertising, auto mileage and association dues, open house expenses, lock boxes, internet and fax fees should also be considered.  Maher’s Tax Service has the experience to help you identify all of… read more


Landlord Landlords operate in a unique business environment and need to be aware of all allowable business expenses available to them. Leasing expenses paid out of pocket would include advertising, maintenance such as painting, inspections and physical visits to the property.  The actual rental property is recovered through annual depreciation expense over a 29.5 year… read more

Salon Owners and Beauticians

Beauticians Beauticians can be employees or self-employed (just not at the same time).  If self-employed, the beautician would either own the shop or work as a contract employee of the salon owner and receive a Form 1099-NEC.  In each of these self-employed situations the beautician must keep accurate records of supplies purchased, supplies used and… read more

Tax Brackets for Married Filing Jointly and Surviving Spouses

Regular Tax Rates on Ordinary Income. For Married Filing Jointly and Surviving Spouses the taxable income and applicable rates are: from $0 to $19,750                10% from $19,751 to $80,250       12% from $80,251 to $171,050      22% from $171,050 to $326,600    24% from $326,601 to $414,700   … read more

Retirement Savings

If you contribute to a 401(k) type retirement account there is a limit on the amount you may add to your nest egg.  If you are not yet fifty years old you may contribute up to $6,000.  If  you have attained age fifty you may contribute up to $7,000. The other type of retirement account… read more